When it comes to successfully motivating your employees, you ultimately want to create an environment that empowers them to reach their goals. You’ll want to create a place where they exceed expectations, maintain productivity and, overall, feel valued.
Obviously, some of the biggest factors that can affect employee motivation and productivity are related to tangible benefits, such as promotions and raises. There are more intangible factors, like improved performance and increased retention rates, which can have an incredible effect on your business.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
Every individual is different with their unique aspirations and needs, so what might work to motivate one employee might not work for another. That’s why you want to create a work environment that includes a range of motivational factors.
Consider these different motivating factors:
- Giving employees the freedom to work independently
- Training and professional development
- Recognition of employees’ performance and contribution
- Opportunities for promotion
- Challenging and satisfying projects
- Flexible work arrangements that allow accommodation of personal needs
Consider these strategies when it comes time to implement a plan that will contribute to your business’s overall performance.
- Create opportunities for social interaction and team building, such as company parties or sports teams.
- Always recognize hard work and achievements by personally thanking employees and publically recognizing them by highlighting achievements at meetings. Consider starting Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year awards.
- Personally connect with employees by getting to know them and what is important to them.
- If you can’t promote, consider lateral moves to build employees’ skills and knowledge.
- Provide them with a comprehensive benefits package that goes beyond the legal requirements
While going the extra mile for employees may be more costly initially, the long-term advantages can significantly outweigh those up-front costs. Your business will be positioned to acquire real professionals committed to the long haul.
Shopbenefits.com is committed to making insurance easier and more accessible for businesses of all shapes and sizes. With us, we won’t just give you the link, but we will be there to give a helping hand whenever you need it.
At Shopbenefits.com, you’ll work with an agent who knows your industry inside and out – and will always be there to lend a helping hand when you need one.
Contact us for your complimentary review or call (404) 256-2171 and ask for Al Schiebel to see what option is best for your business. Get your affordable quote today!