On May 28, the EEOC has updated its FAQs to include more information regarding the ADA and COVID-19. The added information offers employers additional guidance related to a variety of Coronavirus issues that may arise as in-person work becomes more common and vaccines are available to most people. This bulletin is a clear resource for HR professionals dealing with changing regulations and needs during the pandemic.
Additional topics covered include (but are not limited to):
- What are the protocols for retaining information related to an employee’s COVID-19 history?
- Can an employer require employees to have their temperature taken and respond to questions about symptoms?
- Can you require COVID-19 testing/questions during the interview process for new hires?
- Is an employer allowed to require employees to get the COVID-19 Vaccination?
- What are the recommendations for pandemic-related harassment?