Retaining current employees and attracting new ones is a constant challenge in most organizations. Asking current employees is generally a good way to start, as it will give you the best picture of what is important to the employees in your unique organization.
At the same time, there are some things most employees consider important:
1) Health Insurance – generally the bedrock of any benefits package
2) Leave Benefits – scheduling flexibility is more important in the wake of COVID-19
3) Performance Bonuses – there are a multitude of ways to reward employees for good work
4) Retirement Planning – 401(k), matching, vesting, and planning all contribute to the appeal
5) Professional Development – the opportunity for growth is key
6) Wellness Benefits – beyond taking care of employees when ill, it is important to encourage wellness
For more details on why these general ideas are important to implement in your benefits package, as well as some thoughts on how to do that, please download the complete article. And feel free to call Al to discuss.